- 100g (4oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (4oz) self raising flour
- 75g (3oz) milk (or plain) chocolate
Viennese Biscuits Recipe
I’ve tried a few Viennese Biscuit recipes and this is by far the best. They are easy to make and are really ‘melt in the mouth’ tasty. They can be eaten as plain biscuits or dipped in chocolate for an extra special finish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 360°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease 2 large baking trays
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until soft and creamy
- Stir in the flour and mix until a fairly stiff dough is formed
- Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe approx 12 fingers each 6cm (2 1/2 inches long) directly onto the baking sheets
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until light brown
- Leave to cool for 2-3 minutes then gently lift them off the baking sheet onto a wire tray to cool completely (I find a palette knife the easiest)
- Break the chocolate into a microwaveable bowl and microwave on full power for 1 minute or until melted
- Dip the ends of the biscuit in the chocolate (or spoon it over the biscuits if you find that easier) and transfer onto baking paper to set.
Have you baked our Viennese biscuits recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own baking recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.