- 8oz (200g) self raising flour
- 3oz (75g) granulated or caster sugar
- 2oz (50g) margarine
- 1 large egg
- Raspberry Jam (or jam of your choice)
Raspberry Buns (Rock Buns),
Easy Raspberry Bun Recipe:
This great recipe for Raspberry Buns is really easy, and tastes fabulous. It’s been a favourite in our family for years. It’s the same recipe for Rock Buns, simply substitute the jam for 2oz (50g) sultanas.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (360°C), Gas Mark 4
- Lightly grease a baking tray
- Cream sugar into margarine
- Add flour and egg, mix until mixture comes together (you may need to use a little milk)
- Divide mixture into 12 and roll into balls
- Indent the top of each ball using your thumb and add approx a teaspoon of jam
- Transfer to baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes or until slightly brown
- Leave to cool
Author: Bertha Barnes
Have you baked our recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.