- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 4oz (100g) self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- To decorate:
- Icing sugar
- Glace cherries
- Jubilee Sprinkles
Olympic Buns / Cupcakes,
Olympic Cupcakes/ Bun Recipe
Get ready for your Olympic party celebrations with this quick and easy cupcake / bun recipe. Simply decorated here with icing sugar, red, white and blue olympic sprinkles and glace cherries these cupcakes are really devine. Your guests won’t be disappointed!
Do you Need Cup Cake Cases , Cupcake Toppers , or Olympic Sugar Strands ?
These are now available from our ebay shop – please click on the link below :
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° C (Gas Mark 4/ 375° F). Place 12 bun cases in bun/ muffin tray
- Cream together margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl until soft.
- Add approx quarter of the flour & approx quarter of the eggs to the margarine/ sugar mixture, mix until blended. Repeat until all the flour & eggs have been used
- Spoon the mixture into your bun cases
Using Food Processor/ Mixer
- Place the sugar, margarine, flour & eggs into your mixer and blend until smooth
- Spoon the mixture into the bun cases
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
How to test if your buns/ cupcakes are ready
- Remove cakes from the oven. Push a skewer into the centre of one, if the skewer comes out clean your buns are ready, if cake mixture is stuck to the skewer, bake for a another few minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cakes to cool slightly and then place on a wire tray to cool completely.
Olympic Cake Decorations
- Make your icing sugar (as directed on the packet) – we used approx 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Spread icing evenly over your buns and top with your glace cherry (halved) and Olympic sprinkles or an Olympic Cupcake Topper – now available in our Ebay Store
Have you baked any of our Olympic cake recipes? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own Olympic baking recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.