- 1 cup all purpose/ plain flour
- 1tsp tsp cornflour
- a pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Wet Mix
- 1 egg - yolk and white separated
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar,more if you like it sweet (i think it is perfect with 1/2 cup)
- vanilla 1 tsp
- 1/3 cup milk
Never Fail Sponge Cake!,
Never Fail Sponge Cake
By Amrita, 31, India
Instructions to Make Recipe :
- Sift the dry mix once, then beat the yolk,vanilla, sugar and oil till creamy…
- In a separate bowl beat the egg white till fluffy – keep to one side
- Start to mix the dry mix into the beaten egg yolk mixture a little at a time and fold,do not over mix..
- Now the best part,slowly fold in the beaten egg white.Be very gentle keep it airy.
- Once everything is mixed,pour into the cake tin and bake at 180°C for 25 min..
- Do not open the oven until 25 min has passed…
- Bake as soon as you finish mixing/folding the batter.
- Never let the cake batter stand.