- 4oz (100g) SR Flour
- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 dessertspoons jam
Microwave Jam Sponge Pudding,
This lovely jam sponge cake recipe is really quick and easy. It can be cooked in the microwave in just 5 minutes!
- Simply place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl or an electric mixer and beat well, until soft and creamy.
- Grease a microwaveable 2 pint pudding basin (I used the basin from my Christmas pudding!) and place 2 dessertspoons of jam in the bottom
- Add the cake mixture, spread so it’s even and cover with cling film. Pierce film with a fork.
- Place in the microwave and cook on full power for 5 minutes
- Leave for 2 minutes before serving with custard or cream
Comments: if you prefer the jam runnier simply mix a teaspoon of water with your chosen jam before adding it to your pudding basin.
Do you have any microwave cake recipes you could share with us? Simply click on the Submit a recipe tab. Or have you tried this recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts or suggestions, simply leave a comment below.