- Ingredients :
- For the Base:
- 75 g melted butter, plus extra for buttering the cake tin
- 175 g digestive biscuits
- For the topping:
- 400 g cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract (or 2 vanilla pods)
- 300 ml double cream
- 150 g roughly crushed maltesers, plus extra whole ones for decoration
Maltesers Cheesecake Recipe:
This gorgeous cheesecake is ideal for using any maltesers left over from Christmas! As a delicious alternative try substituting the maltesers with Cadbury’s Crunchie for a lovely ‘Crunchie Cheesecake.’
1. Butter an 8 inch spring form cake tin with melted butter, then leave to one side until needed.
2. For the base: whizz the base ingredients in a blender until they are like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Pour this crumb mixture into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix everything together then tip into the spring form cake tin.
4. Press it down so it is level and compact with the back of a large metal spoon then put the tin in the fridge for a good 30 minutes to firm up (or if time is of the essence place in the freezer to set for 10 minutes).
5. For the topping: put the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl (if using vanilla pods split the pods open and scrape out the seeds) and beat together until combined.
6. In another bowl whisk the double cream until it forms medium peaks. Pour the whipped cream in a bowl with the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla and fold gently together. Add the crushed maltesers and fold to combine.
7. To assemble: take the tin containing the biscuit base from the fridge and tip the creamy mixture over the top of it. Spread it around to level and then bang the tin a couple of times on the work surface to make sure it touches the base mixture evenly and there are no gaps.
8. Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set. Once ready to serve, remove from the fridge and press the maltesers in to the topping if using. Cut and serve.
Comments: This Malteser Recipe has been adapted from a recipe submitted by Julie, Berkshire, 44. Why not try our delicious Crunchie Cheesecake alternative, simply subsititute the Maltesers with Cadbury’s Crunchie.
We’d love to know how you get on baking this Maltesers Cheesecake. Simply leave a comment below.
Do you have a favourite cheesecake or cake recipe you could share with us? Simply click on the ‘Submit a Recipe’ tab at the top of the page.