How to Make Cookies / Biscuits,
How to Make Homemade Cookies / Biscuits
The Cake Recipe team have tried many cookie / biscuit recipes and have found this quick and easy recipe to be their favourite. What’s more this versatile recipe can be easily adapted to make Chocolate Chip Cookies or Fruit Cookies.
For the basic Cookie/ Biscuit Recipe you’ll need:
- 6oz (150g) plain flour
- 4oz (100g) margarine or butter (we prefer half margarine, half butter)
- 2oz (50g) sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4
- Sift the plain flour into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar
- Rub in the margarine/butter until it resembles breadcrumbs and then bring the mixture together into a large ball
- Roll out to 1/4″ (6mm) thickness
- Cut using a biscuit cutter (of your choice)
- Lift biscuits onto 2 or 3 lightly greased baking trays, making sure they are well spread out
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown
Options for Decoration:
Again, these cookies / biscuits are really versatile and can be left plain, or decorated as you prefer. Ideal for kids, they can be decorated with icing sugar, melted chocolate, sprinkles, sweets or using whatever you like really, the choice is yours. Our suggestions include:
- Melt 100g chocolate in microwave (this usually takes approx 60 secs in a 800 watt microwave) and dip in part of the biscuit (leave to set somewhere cool)
- Melt 100g chocolate in microwave and dip in part of biscuit then add sprinkles (leave to set somewhere cool)
- If using shaped cutters- eg. Easter Bunnies, decorate with coloured icing / chocolate chips etc
- Pipe designs with icing bag
- Add edible cake decorations
- Enjoy – great for seasonal recipes -Easter treats, Easter biscuits, Christmas biscuits, Halloween biscuits, a kids party biscuit recipe.
Have you baked our recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.