- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 4oz (100g) self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- To decorate:
- Icing sugar (4/ 5 tablespoons of icing sugar mixed with a little cold water)
- Halloween cupcake toppers
- Halloween ghost picks
- Place the sugar, margarine, flour & eggs into your mixer and blend until smooth
- Spoon the mixture into the bun cases
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
How to test if your buns/ cupcakes are ready
- Remove cakes from the oven. Push a skewer into the centre of one, if the skewer comes out clean your buns are ready, if cake mixture is stuck to the skewer, bake for a another few minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cakes to cool slightly and then place on a wire tray to cool completely.
Halloween Cake Decorations
- Make your icing sugar (as directed on the packet) – we used approx 3 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Spread icing evenly over your buns, leave to set slightly and then top with your Halloween toppers and ghost picks – simple, but really effective, tasty cupcakes!
Finally, invite your friends and family round for your Halloween party and enjoy your lovely buns / fairy cakes / cupcakes!
Have you baked any of our recipes? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own Halloween baking recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.