- 12oz (300g) self raising flour
- 8oz (200g) sugar
- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 4oz (100g) golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 1 beaten egg
Ginger Biscuits ,
Easy Ginger Biscuits / Cookies Recipe
These ginger biscuits are so tasty, yet so easy to make. A very economical recipe too, with this simple cookie recipe making over 30 biscuits.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4
- Sift dry ingredients and mix together in a bowl
- Warm syrup and marg in a saucepan until marg is melted
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together with the beaten egg
- Roll into balls
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove biscuits from the oven, leave to cool slightly, then transfer to cooling rack
For softer/ chewier cookies reduce the cooking time slightly – cook them until only light brown, if you prefer harder cookies – cook them for slightly longer until the cookies are deeper brown.
Top Tip – The easiest way to measure the syrup is to weigh the tin (without the lid) and then remove syrup using a dessertspoon until the tin weighs 100g (4oz) less.
Have you baked our ginger biscuits recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.