- Biscuit Base:
- 8 Digestive biscuits
- 2oz (50g) butter
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 5oz (125g) natural yogurt
- 1 standard packet cream cheese
- 1oz (25g) sugar
- 1/2 orange jelly
- Juice and grated peel of 1/2 orange
Easy Orange Cheesecake ,
Easy Orange Cheesecake Recipe
Recipe by Charlotte, 23, Dorset
Charlotte Comments: This lovely recipe is really quick and easy to make. No baking required. A real retro recipe, my mum has made this for years.
- Crush digestive biscuits (I put them in a small sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin!)
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a saucepan
- Add the crushed biscuits to the melted butter and stir until all the biscuits are coated
- Pour the biscuit mixture into a greased 8 inch loose bottomed cake tin and press down with the back of a metal spoon
- Place your base in the freezer for half an hour to set whilst you make the filling
- Cream the yogurt and cream cheese together
- Melt half an orange jelly in 2 tablespoons boiled water, add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add to yogurt mixture with juice and peel of half an orange
- Pour onto biscuit base, smooth over and place in fridge to set
- Once set add the topping of your choice – I used crushed Cadbury’s flake and a tin of mandarins
The Cake Recipe Comments: You could easily adapt this Easy Orange Cheesecake to Lemon Cheesecake by simply substituting the orange jelly, orange juice and peel for lemon jelly, lemon juice and lemon peel.
Have you made our Easy Cheesecake recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own baking recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.