- 8oz (200g) mixed fruit
- 2 medium eggs (beaten)
- 6oz (150g) brown sugar
- 6oz (150g) self raising flour
- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 1 level teasp mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
Easy Fruit Cake,
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe
Sharon of The Cake Recipe comments: this is a really quick and easy fruit cake recipe, and has been baked by our family for many years.
- Place 8oz (200g) mixed fruit into a saucepan and cover with cold water
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Drain and keep in saucepan
- Add margarine to the fruit and let it melt
- Add beaten eggs, sugar, flour, mixed spice and a pinch of salt
- Mix well
- Pour into an 8 inch (20cm) tin, greased or lined (or equivalent loaf tin)
- Bake at 170°C (340°C, gas mark 4) for approx 1 hour
- Remove from tin and allow to cool on a baking rack
- Serve with a hot cup of tea!
Author: Sylvia, 64, Lancashire
Have you baked our recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.