- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 4oz (100g) self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- To decorate:
- 6oz (150g) Icing sugar
- 3oz (75g) butter
- Splash of milk
- Silver dragees to decorate
Easy Cupcake Recipe,
Easy Cupcake Recipe
This is the easiest recipe you will ever find for cupcakes. They can be made in minutes and taste devine. Decorate them however you choose, here the cupcakes are decorated with vanilla buttercream and edible silver dragees.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° C (Gas Mark 4/ 375° F). Place 12 bun cases in bun/ muffin tray
- Place the sugar, margarine, flour & eggs into your mixer and blend until smooth
- Spoon the mixture into the bun cases
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
How to test if your buns/ cupcakes are ready
- Remove cakes from the oven. Push a skewer into the centre of one, if the skewer comes out clean your buns are ready, if cake mixture is stuck to the skewer, bake for a another few minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cakes to cool slightly and then place on a wire tray to cool completely.
Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- Cream your butter until soft and smooth
- Stift in your icing sugar and stir until blended, adding a splash of milk if mixture still feels very stiff
- Pipe onto your cold cupcakes using a star nozzle (always start from the outside in)
- Add your silver dragees
Finally, invite your friends and family round for your pirate birthday party and enjoy your lovely buns / fairy cakes / cupcakes!
Have you baked any of our cupcake recipes? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own baking recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.