- 6oz (150g) plain flour
- 4oz (100g) margarine (I prefer half margarine half butter)
- 2oz (50g) sugar
Easy Biscuit Recipe,
Easy Biscuits Recipe / Cookie Recipe (also known as plain biscuits or butter biscuits)
So, you’ve asked yourself “How do I make biscuits, I want an easy biscuit recipe” or “I want an easy cookie recipe”. Well, this is a delicious, easy biscuit or cookie recipe, and this biscuit recipe is ideal for baking with the kids.
The Cake Recipe team have made this recipe, and without doubt, this is definitely our favourite biscuit recipe. TIP – We used half butter and half margarine to give a great butter biscuit taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4
- Sift the plain flour into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar
- Rub in the margarine/butter and bring mixture together
- Roll out to 1/4″ (6mm) thickness
- Cut using a biscuit cutter
- Place biscuits (using a palette knife) onto 2 or 3 lightly greased baking trays
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown
Options for Decoration:
- Melt 100g chocolate in microwave (break into a microwaveable bowl & cook for 60 secs – 800 watt microwave or until melted) and dip in part of biscuit. Leave somewhere cool to set.
- Melt 100g chocolate in microwave and dip in part of biscuit then add sprinkles. Leave somewhere cool to set.
- If using shaped cutters- eg. Easter Bunnies, decorate with coloured icing / chocolate chips / sweets etc
- Pipe designs with icing bag
- Add edible cake decorations
- Enjoy – great for seasonal recipes -Easter treats, Easter biscuits, Christmas biscuits, Halloween biscuits, a kids party biscuit recipe.
Have you baked our biscuit recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Simply leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the Submit Recipe tab – no registration required.