- 4oz (100g) margarine
- 4oz (100g) sugar
- 4oz (100g) self raising flour
- 1 egg and 2 egg yolks
- 4oz (100g) coconut
- 4oz (100g) caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
Coconut Layer Cake,
Coconut Layer Cake Recipe
This coconut cake is a traditional victoria sponge cake, topped with a lovely, crispy coconut topping. Bake this cake from scratch within minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4
- Place the margarine, flour, caster sugar, egg and egg yolks into a mixing bowl and beat until well mixed
- Pour mixture into a 8″ round baking tin (well greased)
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff (so you can turn the bowl upside down and the egg whites won’t fall out)
- Gently fold in the caster sugar and then the coconut
- Spread the topping over the cake mixture
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean
Have you baked our recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.