- 100g (4oz) milk chocolate
- 25g (1oz) butter (or marg)
- 3 tablespoon syrup
- 100g (4oz) rice krispies
- (Or cornflakes)
- Bun Cases
- 1 x 100g packet mini eggs or Sweets of your choice
Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes,
Chocolate Rice Krispie Cake Recipe The Cake Recipe comments: We’ve just made these Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes (otherwise known as Easter egg nests) and in our opinion they are tastier than the usual method of simply melting chocolate and mixing in the rice krispies. They’re still really easy to make, and can be made in minutes. You can add any sweets of your choice to decorate eg. smarties, haribos, but we used the traditional mini eggs to decorate our chocolate nests. There were 31 mini eggs in our standard packet (100g), so if you’re using 3 eggs per basket you’ll need 2 packets (with plenty left over!!!).
- Place your baking cases into a 12 cup tin
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a large heatproof bowl with the butter and syrup
- Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water over a low heat and stir until it’s all melted
- Take the bowl / pan off the heat, add the rice krispies and stir well until all rice krispies are coated
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cases and pat down
- Whilst chocolate is still soft add your decorations and leave in a cool place to set for at least an hour (or you can place them in the fridge for at least half an hour)
By Isabel, Age 10 We hope you’ve enjoyed baking our Rice Krispie Cake recipe. Why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the Submit A Recipe tab – no registration required.