- 100g (4oz) butter
- 200g (8oz) milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 225g (9oz) crushed digestive biscuits
- 225g (9oz) maltesers
Chocolate Maltesers Cake,
Chocolate Malteser Cake Recipe
No bake, Easy Chocolate Cake – Malteser Cake – NOT fat free !.
A quick desert recipe which doesn’t require cooking in an oven.
By Matt, 40, Lancashire
- Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a pan on low heat.
- When melted, add crushed digestives and mix.
- Add chocolate maltesers and stir briefly, so as not to melt the maltesers.
- Transfer mixture to a small lined baking tray (22cm x 17cm x 2cm deep (9 inches x 7 inches x 1 inch deep).
- Press down into tray, and smooth.
- Mixture does NOT require baking in an oven, simply refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When chilled, place chopping board on top of tray, and holding both tray and board, turn board over.
- Tray will lift off easily. Peel away liner, and cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge, or in a cool place.
- Cake will last for up to 1 week.
Matt Comments : You’ll be lucky if there’s anything left after more than one day – it’s probably one of the most yummiest and tastiest cakes ever. A great and quick kids recipe too.
Have you baked our recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts and suggestions? Please leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.