- 100g (4oz) margarine
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g (4oz) self raising flour
- 1 flat tablespoon cocoa
- One x 75g - 100g milk chocolate bar
- Decorations of your choice
Chocolate Buns Recipe
This is a really easy chocolate sponge cake recipe, used here for making chocolate buns / cupcakes. This recipe and can be used to make either an 8″ chocolate cake or to make 12 chocolate buns as directed below.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350F / Gs Mark 4
- Line a 12 hole muffin try with bun cases
- Place the butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl, then sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Beat by hand or with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until firm in the centre.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
For a smooth chocolate topping (see photo):
- Break the chocolate bar into pieces, place in a microwavable dish and melt in the microwave (cook on full power in an 800 watt microwave for 1 minute).
- Spread the melted chocolate over the buns.
- Add crumbled cadburys flake or cake decorating (chocolate) sprinkles whilst the chocolate is still warm
- Keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- Always store in a cool place.
Have you baked our chocolate buns recipe? We’d love to know your thoughts, and any changes or improvements you’d suggest? Simply leave a comment below.
Or, why not submit your own recipe for others to share and be in with a chance of winning £20 M & S vouchers. It’s really easy just click on the ‘Submit A Recipe’ tab – no registration required.